Time Series in R, Forecasting and Visualisation
Prerequisites: An introductory level statistics knowledge. Basic R language programming.
Requirements: Laptop loaded with latest version of R, and a selection of packages to be provided later. Workshop is hands-on.
- As workshop is hands-on, please bring a laptop loaded with a latest version of R and RStudio.
- You should also have installed the
fpp2package and its dependencies for the forecasting part.
- You should also have installed the following packages for the visualisation part:
You may find a collection of cheat sheets provided by RStudio are helpful for getting started with R and the packages.
We’ll make a webpage available for the workshop, where you can download the slides, data, and lab exercises.
1. Time series and R
2. Visualising temporal data
3. Some automatic forecasting algorithms
4. Forecast evaluation
Rob Hyndman: Professor of Statistics, Econometrics and Business Statistics, Monash University. World’s leading forecaster. Editor of the International Journal of Forecasting. Author of two major monographs, and several R packages.
Earo Wang: PhD student, Econometrics and Business Statistics, Monash University. Author of two R packages for time series modeling and visualisation